Tuesday, 20 June 2017
Surrounded by water, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield offers a range of activities to enjoy. Enjoy the summer with a bunch of activities on or in the water!
- For the more daring, Kayak Valleyfield offers introduction courses to whitewater kayaking. The Saint-Charles river is located directly in the downtown area, a unique environment to practice whitewater kayaking. Available on reservation only.
- The Lake Saint-François is one of the most interesting site for scuba diving in Quebec. Its water is exceptionally clear and there is no thermoclune (without temperature variations). Also, there is a dozen of wrecks to explore in this underwater world. Two diving companies offer training courses, equipment rentals and organize excursions for you to discover the best spots. Écodive shop is located in the downtown and also offers SUP rentals.
- Guide cruise on the Lake Saintt-François (Guide/interpreter of the MUSO - Musée de société des Deux-Rives). Get to know the maritime and industrial heritage of the area. Meanwhile, Cruise Bayou offers a 2 hours ride in a special cajun-creole formula with tapas and ambuance music inspired by Louisiana. une excursion de 60 minutes sur le lac avec un guide-interprète du MUSO (Musée de société des Deux-Rives). On y parle du patrimoine maritime et industrielle de la région.
- SUP Polo: Although praticed in almost all European countries, the SUP Polo is still a relatively new activity in Quebec, making Salaberry-de-Valleyfield the first place to practice the sport. Six people are needed to play the sport. It is a fantastic activity to pratice with friends and family. Get more information and book a sesson!
- The recreational kayak rental is available at the bar-terrace of the Vieux Canal and the beach of the parc des îles-de-Saint-Timothée. Choose your preference, urban or rural.