Thursday, 14 June 2018
For those gatherings you really like, why not escape one day with your BFF in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield ? Here some ideas for the perfect day.
- Salaberry-de-Valleyfield is full of shopping eccentrics addresses. With their small independent and "trendy" shops and most known one, the city center bring differences from traditionnal shopping malls. The shopping district is crossed of water, so that shops are almost quite situated unless one km of the bay and nautical activities.
- Rent a SUP (Stand up paddle) or a kayak in the bay of the lake Saint François with Kayak Valleyfield is a wonderful and healthy way of to get some fresh air. The beach of Parc des îles-de-Saint-Timothée is also renting kayak and SUP, that represents in more an opportunity to bask on the golden sand.
- Join an escape game, it's surely 50 minutes well invested to have pleasure in gang. Three scenarios are offered, from intermediate level to difficult. You'll have fun clarify riddles to escape from the trap.
- The inescapable of a ladies'day : chat and sip on the terrace. Terraces are numerous and the choice of restaurant highly varied in the Quartier Gourmand. For a "drink" at the end of the evening, the bar-terrace La Cale, on the walk of the Old Canal, is the quite best place to be. In addition, free shows on the floating stage, every Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays evenings as well as Sunday in the afternoon.
- Have a good sleep : the unique and first floating hotel from Quebec, Flotel, proposes 6 rooms on the water (from July 6th). Fitted out in recycled containers, mini-houses will disorient you certainly. For an overnight stay on dry land, the Plaza Valleyfield hotel, located directly in front of the bay, also constitues an excellent choice.
crédit photo à Ély Lemieux et Club Touriste.