In Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, the summer time is divided into three parts: before the Régates, the Régates and after the Régates! We embrasse the fun and take advantage of the big festivities and shows. So here are some ideas to celebrate the first weeks of summer in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield:
- A evening terrace and great food in one of the restaurant of the Gourmet neighborhood. A dozen of restaurants concentrated in a radius of 0.5 km of the bay, all within less than 10 minutes of walk. Resto-lounge, Cajun-Creole, Italian, Mexican, sushi, bistro and pub... Choices, originality and lots of fun! After a good bite over dinner, stop by the Old Canal. A urban bar-terrace on the waterfront where a cocktail or a beer while enjoying a musical performance presented on the floating stage. Thursday, Friday or Saturday nights.
- Finally, it is the time to put your boat to sea. You can explore the Lake St-François, drop an anchor at Baie-des-Brises and spend the nigh docked at the Marina Valleyfield or the Old Canal.
- Bad weather or just in search of a cultural activity? The musée de Société des Deux-Rives (MUSO) presents a unique exhibition on the Montreal Cotton cie, one of the largest textile industries in Canada that marked the economic and social development of the region and even the hole province. Sweet!
- Swimming time for the family? Two perfect sites for dipping. The aquatic complex aquatic complex is located in the downtow area. With its heated pool, its huge spiral slide , its dedicated swimming lanes, small rivers and water games, ii will put a smile on the small and big children. For nature lovers, the Parc des îles-de-Saint-Timothée offers a golden sand beach with lifeguard, children's playground and snack bar.
- Take it easy with a paddle board (SUP) rental. Three rental companies and two exceptional sites to try: downtown directly from the Old Canal or bay and at the beach of the Parc des îles-de-Saint-Timothée. Feel like trying something more challenging on the fitness level? Try paddle board fitness...
More suggestions to come!